Friends of the South Western France
- FRIENDS AT THE MADELEINE
The friends of Bergerac (France) visit regularly the elderly persons in their nursing home « La Madeleine ». Every Friday afternoon, we animate in the various services a time of prayer that lasts around 45 minutes.
At first the EHPAD of the Madeleine was held in the premises of the Sisters of Charity of the Congregation of St. Martha. At the moment, a small community is still present to accompany the 10 sisters who are part of the guests of this same house.
At times, the youths of the Chaplaincy of St. Martha - St. Front of the high school and the private lyceum meet the group of volunteers to share their prayer and celebrate the Eucharist.
This inter-congregational meeting is always appreciated and brings forth seeds of hope.
These are some of their expressions:
- « It’s good for us to be together to pray »
- « We leave here stronger and calmer »
- « These volunteers are formidable. They always have something to offer: a smile, a service... »
- A BOWL OF RICE IN THE PARISH
On Ash Wednesday after the Eucharist, in our Parish, the CCHD - Catholic Committee against Hunger and in favour of Development, organised an initiative “bowl of rice”. Some friends and sisters participated in this activity.
The topic of Lent 2017 is:
“Responsible citizens, let’s transform the world’s noise into hope”.
With the symbolic image of the tree, deeply rooted in the fertile soil that produces many seeds, then the leaves and finally the fruits, we are invited to:
- listen to the world’s sufferings
- understand to become close to the others’ cries
- dare, believe and hope
- work for justice and the common house
- celebrate sharing and giving to grow together in humanity.