Bishop Edmundo Abastoflor of Potosi wanted religious in his diocese and was heard by the sisters. The first three sisters arrived in the country in March 1995 and in the rural community that awaited them in June of the same year, since they lived in another city for a few months to learn Quechua, the language of the people where they would live.
- Toropalca: they arrived to live there on June 6, 1995. The parish is St. Matthias and an elderly Belgian doctor had been in charge of the same parish for more than 40 years. She was happy to receive the religious community and the people prepared a great feast for that reason.
The service was: catechesis; liturgies; missionary childhood and adolescence; youth; teaching in the town’s school and college; members of the water and light committees with local residents; the school’s youth boarding school; frequent visits to the 44 communities that the parish had in the mountains; founding of the CETHA School for adults and profesional¸ university and tertiary teaching. The community concluded its presence there in July 2011
- Puna: in March 1999, three sisters came to live there so that they could also be close to the community of Toropalca and support the native clergy of the country.
The service there was: parish ministry and visits to the more than 30 rural communities that the parish had; Missionary Movement of children and adolescents; youth; teaching in the local school and college; members of the inter-institutional committee for the nutrition of children and pregnant mothers. The community was closed in 2015
The main services in which the Sisters are engaged:
A Sucre, in the year 2015, the new presence in the city starts, with the entrance of the Sisters of Charity in a University Pension, becoming the main service of the Community. In fact, it collaborates with the “Treveris Foundation” for the administration of the university pensioner with special attention to young people with scarce economic resources and the accompaniment in their human-Christian training.
-Then the presence of a nun nurse in the “Christ of the Americas” hospital is also started.
– Evangelization and collaboration in two parishes.
– Pastoral care with children, adolescents and young people in the various rural internees.
– Vocational Youth Ministry
-at presently there is the Novitiate.
Where we are present
Archdiocese of Sucre – Sucre
Hermanas de la Caridad
Calle Nicaragua 1119
1882 EZPELETA (Bs. As.) ARGENTINA