The church of Regina Coeli was built in 1594 under the direction of Luciano Quaranta. In 1810, it was entrusted to St. Joan Antida and the first community of Sisters of Charity, founded in a foreign land! The Regina Coeli Monastery will be a house of prayer and charity for Joan Antida until her death on August 24, 1826. From that day on, her body would also rest within those walls.
Pilgrim on earth, she is also a pilgrim in her mortal remains, which, on May 14, 2021, were moved from their usual location, the Chapel of Regina Coeli, to the Oratory or Chamber of Joan Antida. A necessary move, to allow the restoration works of this beautiful church so dear to us. The church will be renovated and returned to its former glory.