Laudato Si’ Week.
“Hope for the Earth. Hope for humanity.”
May 21-28, 2023
The charismatic family of the Sisters of Charity of Saint Jeanne Antide Thouret is joyfully and enthusiastically preparing to celebrate with all people of good will around the world as they strive to concretize the inspiration of the Encyclical Laudato Si’, acknowledging the efforts made so far and launching new challenges.
We share with you some of the initiatives that will be implemented:
- Screening of the film “The Letter” – La Asunción College – May 12 – 3 p.m.
- Meeting on inclusion and hospitality – Plaza Gipuzkoa – May 18 – 7:30 pm.
- Park visit with youth picking up trash – Sunday, May 21 – 5:00 pm.
- Screening of the film “The Letter” – Donastia – May 25 – 5:00 pm.
- Community screening of the film “The Letter.
- Screening of the film “The Letter” – College Nacional Preparandia – Dimitrie Tichindeal.
- Film evening – Screening of the film “The Letter” – Str. 1 Decembrie, Nr. 1 . – May 15 8 pm.
- Visit to Roman Catolic Gerhardinum Theological High School – presentation of the document Laudato si’ – Monday, May 22.
- Ecological Rosary – Sfantul Gheorghe Catholic Cathedral – Friday, May 26 – 5:30 pm.
- Preasfanta monastic community
- Lectio Divina Laudato Si – treime din Giroc, str. Pusta, nr. 2 – Sunday, May 21 – 3 p.m.
- Community prayer Laudato Si’.
- Community screening of the film “The Letter.”
- Cleaning a water source near the community – Monday, May 22 at 3 p.m.
- Ecological puppet theater for children – Thursday, May 25.
- Ecological Lauds and Vespers in Communities every day of the week in Communities.
- Ecological Rosary in each Community – Wednesday, 24th, anniversary of the Encyclical.
- Fernando de la Mora e Lambaré
- Ecological mission of SJA youth and friends – May 21 from 8 a.m.
- Radio program to disseminate the encyclical Laudato Si’ – Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25
- Cinema debate at St. Catherine Parish with the film “The Letter” – Sunday 28 at 3 p.m.
- SJA Center children’s ecological walk – May 19 from 8:00 a.m.
- Horticultural planting during the week – Minga de limpieza – Saturday, May 27 from 8:00 am.
- Holy Mass Juana Antida and Creation – Tuesday, May 23 at 5 p.m. at the sisters’ house
- Ecological walk with Juana Antida de los apoyos escolares en Cristo Rey – Saturday, May 27 from 8:30 am.
- La Plata – Parish Church of St. Anthony of Padua
- Presentation of the document Laudato Si’ and Laudato Si’ Week – Saturday, May 20 – 7 p.m.
- Eucharist and prayer for the care of the Common Home -Sunday 21 – 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Conversation on Laudato Si’ with the participation of specialists – Monday 22 – 6 pm.
- Conversation on “ecological virtues” with Engineer Augusto Fantasía – Tuesday 23 at 3:30 pm.
- Useful craft activities with recycled materials – Wednesday 24 from 3:30 pm.
- “Keepers of the Earth,” task display and demonstration – Thursday 25 at 6:45 p.m.
- Film debate on the film “The Letter” – Friday 26 at 7 p.m.
- Colon – Saint Martha’s College
- The “Love Bottle” campaign continues with the collection of plastic that will be turned into plastic wood.
- In Citizenship work on caring for the environment and in Art song writing with first-year students.
- Participation in the Ministry of Education’s national program “voces adolescentes” (teen voices). 6th graders participated in the “basural Colosense” project.
- Awareness raising for recycling collection in the parish
- Ecological prayer in the community
- Garden cleanup
- Raising awareness of recycling collection with elementary school students
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
- Conference at St. Joan Antida High School with two teachers and alumni.
- Meeting with college youth at St. Joseph Parish: presentation of the document Laudato Si’, recycling work – Sunday, May 21.
- St. Jeanne Antida School – Presentation of the COP 27 project “Protegeons notre planete.”
- Ecology Day with children and moms from “Learn to Live” and “Eco Friend” kindergarten.
- “The Thread of Life” – project of Notre Dame des apotres School of the Coptic Catholic Sisters.
- Village cleanup and sorting of waste into cloth bags – Sunday, May 21 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (parish + neighbors + civil defense + municipality).
- Ecological walk along the Qehmez Lassa Afga trail – Sunday, May 28 from 8:00 am.
- Fighting deforestation with the transformation of two hectares of forest into a nature reserve of the Sources Trails
- Presentation at the ministry of the book prepared for the 6-month national “Design for Change” competition.
- With Immaculate Conception School students, triage day at the triage center -Tuesday, May 23 from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Screening of the film “The Letter” for youth groups – Friday, May 26 at 7 p.m.
- Baabdath – School of the Holy Child Jesus
- Tree planting – S2 pupils – Thursday, May 11.
- Nature walk with the school’s different class groups – May 16 and 17.
- Spiritual walk “Fill yourself with peace,” S2 pupils – May 19 and 20.
- “Giving without counting” club meeting – Monday, May 22.
- Making a compost bin – theory phase – Monday, May 22.
- 1 hour for the earth – lights out – Tuesday, May 23, 2023.
- Green day – Wednesday, May 24.
- Cleaning a garden.
- Social awareness raising at a nursing home – Sunday, May 28.
- Making a compost bin – hands-on phase – Monday, May 29.
- Reflection on an LS article each day of LS Week.
- Cleaning a garden – Wednesday, May 24.
- Youth seminar on ecological awareness.
- Sisters and neighborhood youth in ecological prayer.
- At Sta Jeanne Antide Bible Shool planting with students.
- Sisters and youth in ecological prayer.
- Faisalabad community ecological prayer day.
- Day of ecological prayer at the Nunciature community.
- Cleaning of surrounding roads and planting.
- Collecting plastic and paper for recycling – Friday, May 19
- Screening of the film “The Letter” – Sunday 21 at 8 p.m.
- Ecological rosary – Saturday 27 at 5 p.m.